Battle of the Books
Stay Tuned for Battle of the Books 2020-2021
Battle of the Books is a fun reading enrichment opportunity open to all Black Hawk students seeking an extra reading challenge. Students will work in teams of 4 or 6 and read the 30 books from the attached Battle of the Books list. (They can divide the titles up so each student on the team reads around 5 books by the end of the year.)
We will meet once a month to discuss a book from the list. In June, the teams will meet to take the group trivia quiz that will have questions from all 30 books. Groups are encouraged to come up with a team name and a costume idea for the day of the group trivia quiz. Fun prizes will be awarded!
Want to win the Battle of the Books?
Follow these steps!
- Get a team of 3-6 people. (what about 2 people? No. What about 7 people? No.) Come to the meeting on October 2nd @ 7:30am!
- Accept the Schoology Group Invitation
- Divide up the books with your teammates
- Read the books
- Attend book discussions about the books you've read
- Attend the BATTLE OF THE BOOKS (end of May or beginning of June) and answer questions about each book.
- Win Fabulous Prizes
Book Discussion Meetings
(You are welcome to attend the meetings even if you haven't read the books.)
- No meetings for 2020-21 - Looking forward to Battle of the Books NEXT YEAR!
*Bring donuts or muffins for yourself or to share