2020 Middle School Co-curricular Information
(as of 9/23)
UPDATE: Girls Volleyball will be starting September 28 - October 23. Sign up on MyPaymentPlus
- Volleyball Fee is $40
- Must have physical filed with nurse to register and participate
- Start time 3:35 - End time 4:45, September 28 - October 23
- See below for more details for All Fall Athletics
ISD 196 middle schools will be offering an “in-house” style fall season.
Boys/Girls Cross-Country, Boys/Girls soccer, and Girls Tennis
- Dates: Sept. 21-Oct. 23; Time: 3:35-4:45
- Registration on MyPaymentPlus (formerly FeePay) begins on September 8.
- Participation fee is $50
All Fall Athletics
- Supervision of participants will be arranged 2:30-3:30 in the BHMS Cafeteria. Students may also go home after school is dismissed at 2:30 and return to practice by 3:30 if they have their own transportation.
- Current physical must be on file with the school nurse
- Activity buses will be depart from each middle school Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday at 5:00 pm
- Cohort A students and Cohort C students with last name starting with A-K will participate on Mondays and Thursdays; Cohort B students and Cohort C students with last name starting with L-Z will participate on Tuesdays and Fridays. No sessions will be held on Wednesdays.
- Format will be “In-House” which will include skills development and intrasquad scrimmaging; there will be no traveling to other schools in or out of District 196 for competitions
- Players and coaches will adhere to COVID-19 health and safety protocol including but not limited to:
- Wearing masks
- Maintaining social distancing of minimum of 6ft (and no more than 15 min. of contact when distance is less than 6 ft)
- Must use and handle own water bottle
- No locker room availability; must participate in clothes that are worn to school
- Playing/practicing in pods of 25 or less (including the coach)
- No congregating (i.e. team cheers, team huddles, “high-fives,” etc.)
- Equipment (i.e. tennis racquets, soccer balls, etc) cleaning protocol will occur and be communicated to the players
- More details and information regarding health and safety protocol will be provided during registration and to the participants during the first days of the season
More information will be added to the BHMS Athletics website as it becomes available.
General Activities information
At Black Hawk, athletes are students first. To support our student-athletes to reach their full potential, BHMS holds students participating in co-curricular activities to the same standard of respect and responsibility that is expected in the classroom. Playing privileges may be affected if student athletes choose not to take responsibility regarding their academics and/or behavior during the school day. This is at the discretion of the coach, activities director and their teachers.
Middle School Co-curricular Activity Fees
Per District 196 policy 507.2AR, fees apply to middle school co-curricular participation as follows:
- $110 per student participating in a middle school athletic activity
- $44 per student participating in some middle school fine arts and academic clubs
- $385 cap on any combination of co-curricular activity fees.
Fees are paid through MyPaymentsPlus.