Welcome to Black Hawk Middle School – Home of the Panthers!
We are excited to have your family and your student join our school. In order to register for school, it is important for us to learn as much as we can about your child's previous educational experience.
It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to ensure we receive the above records and to notify the student's previous school of your intent to enroll at Black Hawk Middle School and to transfer school records.
- Birth Certificate- If you have lost or misplaced your student's birth certificate, contact the Dakota County Office of Vital Statistics at 651-438-4313 or the equivalent office in the state/county of their birth.
- Proof of Residency- To verify your residence, we require official documentation of your name and household address. Common examples of this documentation may include: purchase or rental agreement, drivers license, or gas or electric bill.
- Proof of Guardianship- If you are not the parent(s) listed on the birth certificate but are a legal guardian, we will need a copy of legal documentation or a notarized Substitute Caretaker form.
- Immunization Requirements- Must be met per district policies and state laws. Please contact our school nurse, Molly McQuown at 651-905-5817 or Molly.Mcquown@district196.org for questions. Find out more about immunizations.
- For Special Education Students only, we require a copy of the most current IEP (individual education plan) and Evaluation Report. Our special education staff will need review this paperwork to determine appropriate placement.