Translate this! More information and steps>
No school Friday
There's no school tomorrow, Friday, Dec. 2. It's a development day for our staff.
Cafeteria à la carte opens Dec. 6
Students will be able to purchase à la carte items at lunch beginning Tuesday. Choices will be limited to a "cookie of the day" and an "ice cream treat of the day" as we make the transition to these extra items being available. Offerings range in price from 50 cents to $2.25.
These extra items are not included in the Educational Benefits Program. Students on that program will need to make sure there is money in their payPAMS account or have cash at the register.
Purchases are limited to $5.
Conservation Crew needs donations
Conservation Crew, an after-school club working to learn and teach others about conservation practices at BHMS, is building a greenhouse and is in need of donations:
- Wood to build shelves (preferably plywood or 1x6x6 boards)
- Grow lights
- Planting pots
- Vegetable and flower seeds
- Plastic tablecloths
Donations will be accepted in the Main Office any time during the month of December.
Grades and report cards
Trimester 1 grades will be posted on Infinite Campus by 3:30 p.m. Dec. 12. More information can be found on the Black Hawk website at https://bhms.district196.org/families/family-resources/report-cards
Dec. 2 - No school (Staff Development Day)
Dec. 12 - Trimester 1 grades posted (3:30 p.m.)
Dec. 13 - PSA Takeout Tuesday at Culver's in Eagan (5-8 p.m.)
Dec. 15 - Choir concerts
Dec. 21 - Girls Basketball and Wrestling seasons end
Dec. 23-Jan. 2 - No school
Counseling office news
- As we approach the holidays, we understand it's not an easy time for all families and students for a variety of reasons. We want to remind you that we welcome and value the opportunity to collaborate with you and your family at any time as we care deeply about you as a member of our Black Hawk community.
- Counselors went into the classroom in October to do a mental health and coping skills lesson. During Trimester 2 we will return to focus on skills that can help positively impact their academics, as well as 9th-grade registration. More information about the transition to high school will be provided in early January.
- Lastly, one catch-all resource we want to promote is the Dakota County Community Resource Guide. Please reach out to your grade-level counselor for more information or if you have any questions about any of this information.
District Information & Events
Share your thoughts on facilities
District 196 is facing important decisions about facilities and wants to hear from as many stakeholders as possible before making a final recommendation to the School Board. It has extended the deadline to submit feedback to Dec. 7.
Eastview performs Seussical
Eastview High School Performing Arts Department will perform "Seussical," one of the most performed shows in America. Tickets are $9 for adults, $7 for senior citizens and $5 for students. Performances are 7 p.m. Dec. 9-10, and Dec. 15-17, 2 p.m. Dec. 11, and 3:30 p.m. Dec. 7 (senior preview; ages 62+ are free).
Dance team fundraiser
The Eagan High School dance team will host a Bingo Night fundraiser at Cooper’s Restaurant from 7 to 9 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 6. There will be six regular games and one coverall, a silent auction, a 50/50 Raffle, and an all-you-can-eat taco bar. Tickets are $25 each. Please submit payment by Jan. 2. If not sold out, tickets can also be purchased at the door.
Eagan Wildcat teddy bears
The Eagan High School dance team is selling Eagan Wildcat teddy bears. The bears are about 9 inches tall and are $15. Orders and payment are due by Dec. 14.
ENCORE! 2022 Playlist Live!
Hear some of your favorite playlist songs performed live on the Eagan High School stage. There will be a musical potpourri with genres ranging from country to R&B, music released in the 1950s through new releases, all performed by talented EHS students. Dates: Friday, Dec. 9-Saturday, Dec. 17.
Community Education Events
Science Olympiad-MYSO (grades 6-8): Inquiry and Nature of Science
Fewer than 5 spots left!
Water Safety Aide (ages 13+)
Lifeguarding plus Waterpark-Blended or In-Person (ages 15+)
Fewer than 5 spots left!
Winter online catalog opens December 6!
Science Olympiad-MYSO (grades 6-8): Anatomy and Physiology
Advantage ACT Prep Course - Virtual (grades 10-12)
Group Guitar Lessons (ages 9-15)
Do you need fee assistance?
Fee assistance is available for District 196 residents. Apply online or call 651-423-7920.
Parents … just for you
Adolescent Depression and Anxiety